Monday, June 20, 2011

Trust #30 - Dreams by Michael Rad

Abide in the simple and noble regions of thy life, obey thy heart. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Write down your top three dreams. Now write down what’s holding you back from them.
--------
1) achieve career goals (though recently I feel I have changed these goals) Preventing: Ao bit of fear of achieving that success is holding me back. My mind is whispering "what then?". The most important thing for me is to define what I want to be when I grow up.
2) Retiring to a place in St. Maarten. It is one of my favourite places on earth. In fact, I wish we had the ability to visit at least annually. Preventing: Living in Asia makes it difficult to visit. And I also fear that having such a place may be better served as a dream rather than a reality. what if my expectations for what living there would be like is not what reality brings me? Alas, I think the answer here lies in simply making this a priority in terms of travel. I certainly could visit this summer, albeit without Tom.
3) Ability to express myself easily through some medium. I truly understand the benefits of using the Whole Brain, but find it uncomfortable and more than a little embarrassing at my attempts to express my feelings inside through something such as drawing, music, or even photography. Preventing: embarrassment at my attempts. I also believe that this expression should not be so difficult as to eliminate the benefits! I think that of all the ways I have tried to achieve this dream, I must continue to work at my photography. Especially by extending into the post processing world and turning the pictures I take into the art I see.

No comments: