Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 11 #Trust 30 - Fear by Lachlan Cotter

These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self expressed? Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the answers to the following:

Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?

Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?

Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?

Now Do. The Thing. You Fear.
---------------
Fear of making bad decisions is hard for me to overcome. Especially by Day 11 of this project! But on I plod! I feel that the last question, can I be happy being anything less than who I really am, is a timely question. I have learned through the stripping away of career responsibilities that while I am not defined by the career my work efforts gave me, I was complete. The problem solving, the analysis, the logical organization of tasks. That really makes my mind happy. Without this type of activity, I feel disconnected and slightly spacey. I think the challenge that I am now facing is how to add back the activities I loved and NOT add back the aspects that carried too much stress along with them.

If I take this on and FAIL, at least this year, it won't matter. So, tick-tock, let's see what I can done this summer...

No comments: