Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The things I must do for my kids.....

Someone at work today told me that McDonald's kid's meals had the theme of the Monkey King. He told me that I should stop by and pick up the monk/mentor character that I played in the skit a couple weeks ago.

Well tonight I was leaving the office around 9:00 p.m. and I told my driver to go to McDonald's. I ran into the restaurant (which was funny - my driver pulled up on the sidewalk and dropped my about three feet away from the door - he may have went further if the steps weren't there). In order to get the toy, I ordered the kid's meal. Sure enough, the toy I received was the Monkey King. I will have to say that it is the cheapest toy I have ever seen. The toys that McDonald's put in the meals in the US must not come from China because tonight's toy was not impressive. It actually is a "weeble-wobble" - remember those?

The meal consisted of 4 chicken nuggets, orange drink, and a small cup of corn. Corn is a popular side dish instead of fries in China. The nuggets were good, I was surprised. I had some fries the other day at work and they are terrible. I was expecting the nuggets to be the same but they were not.

I can safely say that McDonald's in China will not be any fault of me ever crashing off of my diet. I'll stick to the rice.

No comments: