Sunday, February 4, 2007

SuperBowl Monday.....

Well, Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. is the Superbowl here in China. Our clubhouse is having a Superbowl party. For RMB88.00 (approximately $11 USD) you get to watch the game, a buffet breakfast, and drinks. You had to make reservations. They had so many reservations that they had to move it from the bar to the ballroom. It sounds like it will be a great time. I have a couple of American co-workers that will be coming over as my guests to watch the game - the more the merrier.

The Superbowl is a big deal over here. I think it is because the Superbowl is "America". The sport is only played in the U.S. Many people outside of the U.S. do not even understand the game. In return, the Americans over here see it as "their day". I did my routine walk today and everywhere there were a group of foreigners you would hear conversations about where people were going to watch the game.

I am taking the day off so that I can watch. I could have went to work in the afternoon but I decided to take the entire day and relax around the house. It was a very busy week travelling within China. I have so many tales to tell - more to come.

Go Colts. Go Bears (I said Go Bears so I wouldn't jinx the Colts).

No comments: