Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recipe: Pork with Sesame Mustard Sauce

I am slowly adding in my recipes to the blog. Here is one from a while ago!


Pork with Sesame Mustard Sauce
1/4 kg Pork Cutlets (Pork Loin)
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
3 tsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp olive oil
4-5 cloves garlic, crushed

Trip any extra fat from pork and slice into 1/4" strips.  Prepare marinade: mix sesame oil, mustard, soy sauce, and olive oil.  Whisk in garlic.  Mix pork into marinade and set aside (up to 2 hours).

Heat some more olive oil in a pan (use wok if you have one).  Heat until not quite smoking.  Place pork into pan, seperating the strips.  Stir pork as it cooks.  Cook until done, 3-5 minutes.  Serve with lots of hot rice. 

Serves 2

Notes: As the first official meal I cooked with all chinese ingredients, except for the dijon, I was pleased with the results.  I tried again with chicken and also added veggies.  Also good.  The soy will carmelize slightly so you really get a good color on the meat.  I used the dijon to give it a kick, but vinegar would probably have the same effect.

No comments: