Thursday, January 27, 2011

Daily Picture Project - Day 94

Today was our first attempt at doing some "light painting". The shot is taken in a low light place, in this the guest bathroom, and then use a light (it was a flashlight) to "paint" the light. Basically you never see me in the picture even though I was behind Natalie. You can see a faint ghost of me on the left. [As a side note, this concept totally freaks the Ayi out.] My attempt at adding a light smile to her didn't turn out the way I thought. Unfortunately we ran out of time to keep trying to get it perfect. But is fun and we'll try some more in the future!
"How long do I have to stand still? Two minutes is a long time Mom!"

2 comments:

mmews said...

Very cool! Yesterday I read an article about a man who "throws" water and ink as sculpture, so how wonderful that today your picture brings me the art of light! Magnificent!

Shelly Bramer said...

Yes, it is cool. I can also see it becoming quite the time suck! I am already hoarding different types of lights. The flashlight is just really big. And to use other lights to back light other sections. It's all about low ISO (100 preferred) and a long exposure time. Try it out, it's fun.