Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Daily Picture - Deer in the Headlights

This was her first idea for a daily Picture in months. And no, her hair is not wet. That's the extra conditioner that never gets washed out completely! Oh well, not my problem!

Funny conversation between Natalie and I last night:
Her: When can I have surgery to get rid of the moles on my face?
Me:why ask me when you should ask if. And never.
Her: But they make me ugly.
Me: you think you are ugly? But all the effort we have put into teaching you that beauty is about the inside of a person, not the outside. Why is this such a big deal.
Her: Well, you have to admit it does sometime matter what you look like on the outside. I mean otherwise why would anyone ever shower?
Me: Well, there is a minimum standard but doesn't apply to things like moles on you face.
Her: Fine but it does matter. What if you want a boy to think you're pretty? Boys don't care about inside. I pay basketball with the boys at recess and they don't talk about how pretty some girl's insides are.
Me: That's because they are 10.
Her: So am I Mom. So when can get these moles removed? It should be soon since you are saying they won't care when they are older.
Me: Dammit.

I am losing 90% of the debates with her now. More importantly though, she wants a boy to think she is pretty. She wouldn't cough up his name, so I will be trying the thumb screws tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! She's so gorgeous just as she is!

mmews said...

http://www.ted.com/talks/cameron_russell_looks_aren_t_everything_believe_me_i_m_a_model.html

Make sure you watch WITH Natalie, my Gentle Penguins ;) <3