Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Daily Picture Grade 4 - Day 111

I have her smile back today. Thought I would showcase that. She came home after play practice and when straight to her room. Tom asked her why and she said she assumed that we weren't going to feed her dinner as we were mad at her. Turns out her anger lats night stemmed from the messages she and I were sending each other on the ipads. I told her that dinner was in the kitchen and to come down. She said she wanted us to bring upstairs and leave on the steps. I told her we don't "feed children who are disrespectful and unappreciative". She stopped speaking. Anyway, missile crisis avoided. She ate a ton of spaghetti and seemed to have recovered. Good lesson to parents though: you need to always give your a child a way of getting out of an emotional maze they seem to create when frustrated. We used Tom's bare feet as a lifeline. I don't want to explain that as I found it disturbing when happening. However, it made her laugh and broke the anger wall.


Love being a parent. Every day brings yet another opportunity to make you feel either like a mean troll under a bridge asking for tolls your child cannot pay or a court jester who can diffuse a kingdoms threat of class warfare by telling a good "pull my finger" joke. Do we ever get to be the white knight? I hope so. I have the BEST place to get a dress for that.
"Glad my parents are feeding me again!"

No comments: