Sunday, March 2, 2008

New Career: Cooking Classes???

A week ago, Friday, February 22, I held my first "mock" Cooking Class here at the house. What a hoot! I am seriously considering hosting a few friends here occasionally for a class or two. I had four of my friends, in the picture Deb, Sherie, (me), Angie, and Kathy, come over as guinea pigs to see if I could actually do it! By the way, thanks to Kathy for the beautiful hats! It actually turned out pretty good, though I definitely need to prep each item a bit better. And if the Ayi had not been here to help wash dishes between, it would have been quite a mess. I think that just takes some practice. Plus, I am not a clean cook anyway and need to improve that anyway!


So the menu was:

  • Soy-Lime Chicken
    Chicken Breast - marinated asian-style, served with the marinade sauce on top
  • Sautéed Brussels Sprouts - Simple sauté of brussels sprouts with honeyed walnuts
  • Asian Slaw - Cabbage, radishes, and snow peas combine for a great side dish
  • Zucchini Bread - American classic! Moist and tasty, especially when served warm
I am not a very good dessert maker, and the oven I have to work with is not very helpful! The Zucchini bread sunk a bit in the middle, but it still tasted OK.



So, now that I have tried it, I am going to try to hold my first class in March. I have organized my recipes as a result so even if I don't hold a single class or make a single RMB, it was worth if for that! I will post the recipes and progress out here as well!

No comments: