Thursday, August 30, 2012

Daily Picture Grade 5 - Day 8

Shoes. The 5-minute warning initiated a flurry of activity in finding shoes to wear. She decided her Converse were stinky and the spray she put it seemed to not do the job. She didn't want to wear her good tennis shoes, so she went upstairs and found the grungiest shoes she owned. I told her that it was not good to wear such bad looking shoes when she had a better option, the good tennis shoes. But she refused! When pressed, she finally said "They pinch!". Goodness. I have been making her wear shoes that pinch in the name of them being the good pair. When do kids learn to just tell their parents that kind of detail? Did she tell me and I ignored it? Hmmm, not the best communication I guess. Anyway, I convinced her that with the spray and clean pair of socks, her Converse would be fine. She was not in agreement, but had no options and not time. We were the last student to cross the street today. Good thing we were on bikes!

"Peddling in my Stinky Shoes"

The remains of the Stinky Shoe Story
Anyway, it's Thursday and Tom is in the air on the way to Chicago. He is bringing his sick body home for repair. He had a nasty case of tonsillitis and now the medicine caused sores inside and outside of his mouth. Safe travels hubby!


No comments: